Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Fastest Growing "God"


I have noticed that this god has been increasing everywhere even in young Christians today. I guess your wondering what god I am talking about. The god that I'm talking about, that many worship, is SCHOOL, yes I said it...SCHOOL. 
      Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not against going to school, not one bit. In fact, I am currently in school also, but when school becomes more important than God and His word then it becomes an idol and you’re serving a different god. Many people make school the center of their lives instead of the one who should be, which is God. It breaks my heart to see people more broken over a "C" then their own sin. People work their whole lives to earn a piece of paper to prove to others how smart they are when they should desire to be considered wise by the Creator of the world, instead of by worldly standards. "Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?"- 1 Corinthians 1:20. I see many Christians who try to justify their idolatry by saying it is from God. People, God's will is never for you to serve any other God, as it is said in Exodus 20:3, "You shall have no other gods before me.” 
      People will make excuses saying "Well God blessed me with this opportunity, so I should make the most of it, not letting it go to waste." That's true; God did give you that opportunity, but to glorify Him, not replace Him. Exchanging prayer and reading God’s word for after school activities and homework is just like putting God on a shelf. Some people might even say “School is vital to do God’s will”. The God that we serve is able to accomplish His will through us whether we go to school or not. By saying that school is vital in doing God’s will, we are limiting God in His abilities when He is unlimited. Despite what others may tell you, it is possible to do God's will without going to school.

     First century Christians did it, has anything changed? Has God changed? "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever"- Hebrews 13:8. For example, if God said to you that you will become the President of the United States within the next two years without school, would you take His word for it? "So is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."- Isaiah 55:11.
     "No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other"- Matthew 6:24a. It upsets me to see people, especially my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, idolize this god that can benefit them nothing instead of the true one. If this applies to you, I ask that you carefully reorganize your priorities. If this is not you, I ask that you examine your life and your priorities more so that it would not become you.

No comments:

Post a Comment